Yelp (NYSE:YELP) is the go-to app for reviews on restaurants, shopping, local services and the like.
Earlier this year in March, Yelp was trading over $100 a share and looked on its way to the moon. However, just the reverse happened and Yelp lost half its value by early June. Since that time, the stock has recovered and traded as high as $80 in early July.
There are several reasons why I like this stock right now and they're all technical. I have no inside knowledge of what is going on inside Yelp, but I can say that the technicals are looking very positive for the stock. Today, the weekly Trade Triangle kicked in, indicating that the intermediate trend is now inline with the longer term uptrend.
1. All of the Trade Triangles are positive and displaying a +100 Chart Analysis Score.
2. There is a monthly Trade Triangle in place.
3. Pivot Point - measures the move to $85 a share.
4. Weekly Trade Triangle kicked in today at $76.49.
5. The RSI indicator is trending to the upside and is over 50.
6. The MACD indicator has recently turned up.
Just remember, there are no guarantees in trading, even with all the positive indicators. I'm looking for Yelp, Inc. (NYSE:YELP) to trade back to the $85 level in the near-term. As always, please remember to use money management and stops that work for your own trading strategy.
Good luck and every success trading in Yelp shares,