Stocks closed higher on the day Friday to end another record week for stocks, with the DOW erasing its losses for 2020 by gaining +0.6% to close at 28,653.87. After Friday's close, the DOW was now up +0.4% for 2020, its first foray into positive territory for the year since February.
The S&P 500 gained +0.7% to close at 3,508.01. It's the first-ever close above 3,500 for the index. The NASDAQ climbed 0.6% to end the day at 11,695.63.
For the week, the DOW rose +2.6% for its third weekly gain in four weeks. The S&P 500 and NASDAQ both notched five-week winning streaks, rising over +3% each. This marks the S&P 500's first five-week winning streak since late 2019. It's also the longest run for the NASDAQ since a six-week win streak that ended in January.
Key Levels To Watch Next Week:
- S&P 500 (CME:SP500): 3,326.44
- Dow (INDEX:DJI): 27,488.21
- NASDAQ (NASDAQ:COMP): 10,762.71
- U.S. Dollar (ICE:DX): 93.90
- Gold (NYMEX:GC.Z20): 1,928.20
- Crude Oil (NYMEX:CL.V20): 43.50
- Bitcoin (BITCOIN:BITSTAMPUSD): 11,112.75