Crude oil and Petrochemicals are the building blocks that are essential to making the goods that make modern life possible — from paints to plastics, space suits to solar panels, medicines to mobile phones. All of these things start with just six basic petrochemicals — ethylene, propylene, butylenes, benzene, toluene, xylenes — that are combined with other chemicals and transformed into other materials that make products better.
Petrochemicals do things like:
- Make your phone water-resistant
- Keep food fresher longer
- Make your carpets stain resistant
- Help tires repair themselves
- Keep first-responders safe with fire-retardant clothing
- Extend lives with cutting-edge medical technologies
Source: American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers (AFPM)
According to a recent study, "Wells, Wires and Wheels… EROCI and the Tough Road Ahead for Oil," published by BNP Paribas Asset Management, the author, Mark Lewis, writes: Continue reading "Crude Oil To Chemicals Transition And Aramco's Plans"